Healing properties, spiritual properties, Amethyst stone benefits and powers, Amethyst meaning and uses explained.
Known as the sobriety stone, the Amethyst is a good all-rounder. The Amethyst brings peace, calm, and inner strength. A beautiful stone that will aid restful sleep and sweet dreams. Amethysts can work with you to help any depression that has built up in the past, heal sadness and grief. It will gently dissolve anger, fear and anxiety.
Varies from light purple to deep purple, often appear as stripes.
Healing properties of Amethyst
Amethyst can assist with the healing of many conditions.
- Clarify your thoughts
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Money issues
- Protection when travelling
- Psychic attacks
- Circulatory system issues
- Colds & Flu
- Fertility issues
- Headaches & Migraines
- Immune system deficiencies
- Pain relief
Spiritual properties of Amethyst
Amethyst is excellent for meditation and lucid dreaming. It can also be used to open one's channels to telepathy, past life regression, clairaudience, clairvoyance. It's great at opening your communication with the angels.
How to use Amethyst
- Meditate with it by either holding the crystal or placing it in the area of pain or organ on your body you wish to heal. If you have a large Amethyst place it beside you while you meditate so that the energy can aid your relaxation.
- For headache release, place the Amethyst on the forehead, temples or base of the neck if a headache radiates from that point.
- Place your crystal on your desk while you work to help you think clearly.
- Place your Amethyst beside your bed to help with restful sleep, insomnia and peaceful dreams.
- Wear your Amethyst throughout the day for protection and keeping your energy close. Wearing an Amethyst will also assist you in overcoming addictive habits such as smoking, drinking or drug addictions. Wear your crystal with a pendant, bracelet or pop them in your pocket.
How to cleanse Amethyst
There are several ways to cleanse your crystal. Below are the preferred methods for the Amethyst.
Cleansing in saltwater
Rinse or soak your crystal in water from the sea, a river or lake. If this is not possible you can make your own mix from sea or rock salt.
Cleansing with smudge sticks
Burn a sage smudge stick and wave it back and forth underneath the crystal for 20 to 30 seconds.
Cleansing using the earth
Bury your crystal for at least a day and up to several months, preferably in pure, clean soil.
Cleansing with visualisation
Visualise a bright light surrounding the crystal dissolving all the negative energy.
How to re-energise Amethyst
After cleaning your crystal of negative energy you have to then re-energise them to restore its natural energy for healing again.
Re-energising in the moonlight
Place the crystals in the light of the moon for a few hours or overnight is fine. A full moon works best.
Your crystal does not have to be in direct moonlight nor will it not charge if it’s a cloudy night. The moon’s energy is always there.
NOTE Sunlight can cause Amethyst to fade.
Programing your Amethyst crystal
Once your crystal is cleansed and re-energised you will need to set your intentions before you use them. This is to program your crystal for a specific use.
How to set your intentions
Sit quietly and hold your crystal in your hands. Clear your mind and focus on the crystal. Concentrate on the energy you wish to program the crystal with. It could be an emotional, physical or spiritual intention. Only pick one, don’t overload the crystal with many intentions. Continue to do this until you feel that enough has been done.